Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word, RTF, or Open Office document file format.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- The text follows the Formatting Guidelines. You must be logged in to the Journal site to access the guidelines. Please note that you must be logged in to our website to access the Formatting Guidelines.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- (Recommended but not required) The submission file includes a cover letter to the Editors with the names and emails of suggested and subject-appropriate reviewers or those name/emails are indicated in the "Comments to the Editor" box at the bottom of this page.
Authors retain the copyright for material published in IJSLE, including but not limited to all rights to authorize subsequent publication and/or translation. Any factual inaccuracies or opinions expressed therein are the authors' own, and do not necessarily reflect the knowledge, views, or positions of the Pennsylvania State University, any of the university's units, or The Journal's editors.
Material appearing in The International Journal of Service Learning in Engineering may be distributed freely by electronic or any other means, providing that any such distribution is without charge (unless for purposes of cost recovery by interlibrary loan services) and that The Journal is acknowledged as the source. However, no article may be reprinted in any publication without the explicit written permission of the author(s).
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms: Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).