Submitting An Article
- The submission to the journal can be made by undergraduate students
- The submissions must be in the field of health sciences, which includes articles with relevance to humans in the fields of:
- Cell biology and anatomy
- Microbiology and immunology
- Pharmacology and toxicology
- Molecular medicine and pathology
- Epidemiology and community health
- The author can submit electronically through OJS. Instructions for creating an account and submitting a paper is available here: Author Guide
- They must follow QSURJ submission guidelines, which can be found here: Submission Guidelines
- The submission will be reviewed by at least one member of the faculty review board and at least two members of the peer review board
- The name of the author will remain anonymous to everyone except the managing editor and student liaison, neither of whom will be involved in the review process
- The decision regarding the submission will be made by the editors in chief with input from the review boards
- The submission will be accepted, accepted with revisions, or rejected
- The author will be notified of the decision within 2 weeks of submitting the submission
- If the author’s submission is accepted with revisions, the author will be given appropriate time based on the nature of the research and revisions required to make said revisions and resubmit
- Once resubmitted, the author will have their revised submission reviewed by the same panel that had reviewed their original submission
- The author will be notified of the final decision through a standardized letter of submission or denial signed by the co-editors in chief on behalf of the peer and faculty review boards, and by the managing editor
- Upon receiving a standardized letter of denial from the managing editor, unsuccessful authors will have 72 hours to file an official complaint to the student liaison
- The complaint must be in written format e.g. an email, a letter
- The complaint must clearly outline the reason for an appeal e.g. bias, undue process
- Upon receiving the complaint, the editors in chief must call an emergency meeting which will include the editors in chief, the faculty reviewer, and peer reviewers
- The denial of the submission can be overturned through a blind majority vote of everyone in the emergency meeting
- Decisions made by the panel present at the emergency meeting are final
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
QSURJ will accept and publish manuscripts on a rolling basis.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.