Already have a Username/Password for GEMS (Gender, Education, Music, and Society), the on-line journal of GRIME (Gender Research in Music Education)?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word document file format, and is double-spaced; uses a 12-point Times New Roman font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); use of endnotes, not footnotes; and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- When available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- Supplemental files, including multimedia, have either been linked within the Word from a host at an external location, or will be uploaded as supplemental files.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
The policy of GEMS is that authors will retain copyright to their materials. All published articles and reviews will carry the notation " © DATE by AUTHOR (author's email address)". Articles appearing in GEMS may be saved and stored in electronic or paper form and may be shared among individuals for the purposes of scholarly research or discussion. Permission to copy or re-publish in any context or format must be secured in writing from the author(s), with advance notification given to the co-editors.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.